admin@forumcc.or.tz   +255 659 266 326

Latest News & Updates

Dar es Salaam has a huge waste output, Ilala Municipal is the one of the five districts of DSM that produced over 1100 tons of waste every day. Out of this 1100 tons are produced, the Municipal (Including service provided by waste companies) takes care of 55-60% of the disposal, the remaining 40%-45% is the challenging portion that ends up in the environment (street corners, along roads, rivers, ditches, etc.) or is burned in private households and not further used neither as a source of energy or recycling material.

At this phase the training will be specifically for the women since by implementing the trainings with women groups (which may include young women) they pass what they learned on to the rest of the family, considering that the women in the house often have control over the waste disposal and an influence on the rest of the household. They will learn on how to re-use waste after sorting (organic waste/food waste for use as compost in gardening/urban farming activities; recyclables sold to recycling enterprises).

The training will be facilitated by FORUMCC, Ilala Municipal and Green Waste Pro. Also, FORUMCC will distribute nine (9) dustbins to the community as part of activities that will be carried out along with the training.

Furthermore, Additional information or questions are to be directed to Euphrasia Shayo, Programme Officer FORUMCC This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. /+255 718 699 754. Or at FORUM CC Secretariat at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. /+255 659 266 326.

 

It is a non-for-profit, member-based - of over 80 diverse organizations across Tanzania committed to work on climate change issues in Tanzania and beyond.

Web Traffic

078109
Today
This Week
This Month
All days
2979
24315
45152
78109

Get In Touch

Salasala-Magwaza Street
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

+255 659 266 326

admin@forumcc.co.tz